Monday, October 27, 2008

Changing Our Selfish Generation

When I think of this generation, one word comes to mind.
Selfish.
I was telling one of my friends about my thoughts, and if I do say so myself, I made a pretty good point. Lol. I think we ALL do this. You walk into the kitchen, open the fridge, then sigh. Open the freezer, then groan. Look in the pantry, then start complaining because you have NO FOOD!!!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH RIGHT!!!
We are BLESSED to have flour, eggs, milk, chips, all of that. Half of our generation is selling themselves, just so they can have money for food. Clothes aren't even a priority for them! We go through our closets and declare we have nothing to wear. Think about the kids in Africa. (I hate when my mom makes that comparison , but she has a good point.) They wear those little cloth things around them, and are thankful that they have that!! Most of us teens were Aeropostle, American Eagle, Hollister and so on, and if you really think about the price tag on some of those things...WHOA!!! People around the world would be SOOOOOOO utterly thankful to have that much money, just to spend on their families. We should be thankful for what we have. Everybodys heard that one before, but truly think about it. We have clothes, houses, food, cars, computers, cell phones, and even then some of us have money to spare. But what do most teens in Africa have?? Brothers and sisters they have to provide for, dirty water for drinking, barely any food, only one "outfit" if it can even be called that. We are SOOOO blessed to be born in America. And I think on some level, every person living here takes it for granted. I know I do! Think of all you have. If like Job, you lost it, we would be SO utterly crushed. Having NOTHING?! Can you even imagine?! Since I'm moving, it's really got me thinking on how much I've taken for granted everything being the same. No change. I go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays, I do my school work, I live a pretty happy life, but what happens when everything changes? For kids in Africa, tomorrow isn't a guarantee. To us, we anticipate waking up tomorrow, and going on with our lives. We as a whole need to DO something to change this mind set we've created! I don't want to wake up tomorrow, and wonder what I'm doing the next day. I want to wake up, and thank God that He's given me another day to live. Another day to further His Kingdom. I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE WHAT I HAVE FOR GRANTED ANY LONGER!!


Another thing that's strong on my mind, is something one of my friends said. (side note: I'm not at all bashing on you or what you said. I'm just stating my opinion.) this individual said "I'm not trying to save the world with my blog..." and the conversation continued. I want to be different. When we were younger, we looked up to superhero's for what reason? Not just for their superpowers, but because they were changing and saving the world! If a man who was just a carpenters son, was born of a virgin so he could save the world, why can't I? Well guess what. I CAN!!! I CAN save the world!! It's falling more and more everyday, and why is nobody trying hard enough to catch it?! I will die trying to save my generation from being brutally tortured, and burning in hell for eternity, because nobody told them about the Lord. My goal is to save the world, by first helping those, who can't help themselves. Little children aren't born with a knowing of God. We have to be the ones to teach them, and lead them on the path to eternity spent with God!

No comments: